dnsreg installation

Dugan, Darin D [EIT] dddugan at iastate.edu
Wed Jan 26 00:07:34 CET 2011

For my environment I just run the dnsreg script from the hobbit user's cron once a day:
(still running an older version using hobbit/bb naming conventions)
0 6 * * *       /home/hobbit/server/bin/bbcmd --env=/home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg /home/hobbit/server/ext/dnsreg

Then just include the 'dnsreg' tag where appropriate in bb-hosts like:

page dnsreg DNS Registrations
0.0.0.0         domain1.org           # noconn dnsreg
0.0.0.0         domain2.info         # noconn dnsreg

I also made two slight modifications to the script it seems. One is to the sed portion of the EXPIRESTRING command so the date would parse correctly, and the other is just to add a short sleep at the end of the loop to avoid the whois server from getting annoyed with me.

Cheers.