[xymon] performance alerts

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Thu Jan 13 23:31:36 CET 2011

On 14/01/11 8:47 AM, Troy Adams wrote:
> Yes, I was hoping to use the built-in TCP tests and their TCP
> Connection times.
>
> Any idea on how to do that?

Doesn't look possible. The builtin TCP tests use bbtest-net - see 'man
bbtest-net':

GENERAL OPTIONS
       --timeout=N
              Determines the timeout (in seconds) for each service that
is tested. For TCP tests (those from BBNETSVCS), if the connection to
the service does not succeed within
              N seconds, the service is reported as being down. For HTTP
tests, this is the absolute limit for the entire request to the
webserver (the time needed to connect to
              the server, plus the time it takes the server to respond
to the request).  Default: 10 seconds

David.

To unsubscribe from the xymon list, send an e-mail to
xymon-unsubscribe at xymon.com

__
---

To unsubscribe from the xymon list, send an e-mail to
xymon-unsubscribe at xymon.com

--
David Baldwin - IT Unit
Australian Sports Commission          www.ausport.gov.au

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.