[xymon] Re: multiple graphs on one page

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Wed Jan 5 18:00:31 CET 2011

Picking this up late, sorry I've not read the whole thread....  I notice below that you write, "the 5 additional graphs are void of data."
For each graph there is normally an RRD file which contains the graph data in RRD format.  In a simple example, this data is just a set of NCV (Name Colon Value) pairs.  For example:

foo : 989099

Further example, I send data to the server from a number of client side shell scripts reporting '$foo : $nn', etc.  One of the first things to check on the server is if the data is indeed received and then what it looks like to RRD.  If the graph values are not properly defined you'll end up with alot of NaN (not a number) entries in the file.

Have a look at the related RRD files to see what they contain, if they are good then getting them to graph out should not be that complex.  Again, I've not read the whole thread so this may all be moot. (rrdtool dump somefile.rrd | more)

Regards,

-t