[xymon] Planned downtime

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 15:14:48 CET 2011

On the other hand, you could use cron to schedule disablement of services:

   0 0 * * * /home/xymon/server/bin/bb localhost "disable
server,domain,org.TEST 90 scheduled downtime"

would disable the TEST service on server.domain.org for 90 minutes, starting
at midnight every night.  Note that the  hostname elements are
comma-separated, because the dot marks the beginning of the test/service
column name.  That's a legacy of the old BB days...

See the "XYMON MESSAGE SYNTAX" section in the bb.1 man page for full
details.

Ralph Mitchell