Fwd: [xymon] msgs : always green instead of configuring for errors

Dominique Frise dominique.frise at unil.ch
Mon Feb 14 14:16:48 CET 2011

On 02/14/11 01:43 PM, akshar bhosale wrote:
> Hi,
>       Thank you for pointing the mistake; but even after changing the
> setting, it is not working. Here are my changed settings in
> hobbit-clients.cfg
> Hosts are host1.abc.pqr.xyz----host50.abc.pqr.xyz
> HOST=%.*.abc.pqr.xyz
> LOG /var/log/messages lockup COLOR=red
>
> DEFAULT
>          # These are the built-in defaults.
>          UP      1h
>          LOAD    18.0 20.0
>          DISK    * 90 95
>          MEMPHYS 100 101
>          MEMSWAP 50 80
>          MEMACT  90 97
>
> Even after restarting server and client, it is showing the same behaviour.
> Kindly let me know i
>
> -akshar

You may want to try:

LOG /var/log/messages  %(?-i)lockup COLOR=red

 From hobbit-clients.cfg(5):
                                          Note that Xymon defaults
      to  case-insensitive  pattern  matching; if that is not what
      you want, put  "(?-i)"  between  the  "%"  and  the  regular
      expression to turn this off. E.g. "%(?-i)WARNING" will match
      the word WARNING only when it is upper-case.

Dominique