[Xymon] Default Graph SIze

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 23:59:48 CET 2011

The one day graph *would* look fine, but I kinda like the 3-day.

The "blocky" look I'm seeing comes from RRD generating the graph using the
best datasource to fit the size you're asking for.  By default, the first
data store contains 576 points at 5 minute intervals, which covers 2 days.
 The second data store contains 576 point at 30 minute intervals, which is
12 days.  Each of the 30-minute data points is generated by averaging
together 6 of the 5-minute data points.  If you ask rrd to generate a 3 day
graph, there are not enough points in the first data store, so it uses the
second store and each point on the graph then covers more pixels.

It's the same effect as zooming in on a graph.  To fix it, I've resized the
existing RRDs to hold 864 data points, so there will be enough fine-grain
data to get a decent 3-day graph.

Ralph Mitchell