[Xymon] PROC test

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Dec 22 09:35:20 CET 2011

On 22-12-2011 03:47, Roland Soderstrom wrote:
> I got this in my analysis.cfg
[snip]
> DEFAULT
> # These are added defaults
> # These are the built-in defaults.
> UP 1h
> LOAD 30.0 40.0
> MEMPHYS 100 101
> MEMSWAP 70 80
> MEMACT 90 97
> LOG /var/adm/messages "%WARNING|ERROR" COLOR=red
> #LOG /var/adm/messages "%NOTICE" COLOR=yellow
> PROC sendmail
> PROC inetd
> PROC cron
> CLOCK 10
>
> But the PROC test is still white for host01 saying PROC is not defined.

Do NOT put extra stuff into the DEFAULT section. The first hit I get in
the Xymon mailing list archive when searching for "proc default" is this
one back from 2006:
http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2006-November/010383.html
which describes the exact same problem.

So today I've added this text to the analysis.cfg comments, hopefully
that will make all of you use the DEFAULT section the way it was intended.

# The special DEFAULT section can modify the built-in defaults - this must
# be placed at the end of the file. It should ONLY be used to modify the
# default thresholds, do NOT put PROC, LOG, DISK or any other lines here
# (they will most likely be ignored). If you have something that must apply
# to all hosts, add a new section with "HOSTS=*"