[Xymon] PROC test

Roland Soderstrom Rolands at logicaltech.com.au
Thu Dec 22 03:47:03 CET 2011

I got this in my analysis.cfg

HOST=host01
        PORT LOCAL=%[.:](22) STATE=LISTEN min=2 "TEXT=SSH listener"
        PORT LOCAL=%[.:](22) STATE=ESTABLISHED min=0 max=10 color=yellow TRACK=ssh "TEXT=SSH logins"

DEFAULT
        # These are added defaults
        # These are the built-in defaults.
        UP      1h
        LOAD    30.0 40.0
        MEMPHYS 100 101
        MEMSWAP 70 80
        MEMACT  90 97
        LOG     /var/adm/messages "%WARNING|ERROR" COLOR=red
        #LOG     /var/adm/messages "%NOTICE" COLOR=yellow
        PROC    sendmail
        PROC    inetd
        PROC    cron
        CLOCK   10

But the PROC test is still white for host01 saying PROC is not defined.
But if I add PROC like this
HOST=host01
        PORT LOCAL=%[.:](22) STATE=LISTEN min=2 "TEXT=SSH listener"
        PORT LOCAL=%[.:](22) STATE=ESTABLISHED min=0 max=10 color=yellow TRACK=ssh "TEXT=SSH logins"
        PROC xntp

Then it goes green and show PROC for xntp as expected but even the default ones sendmail, inetd,and cron
Looking in the history it seems that it goes back and forth between green and white displaying default procs as OK even in the white history.
The it doesn't show the text PROCS are not defined as it did when I looked at it before adding the HOST section.

Really funny,
Why do I need to add the HOST entry to get the DEFAULT PROCs working?

Running 4.3.5 on Solaris 10, clients and server.

-      Roland