[Xymon] ssh-test as default

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Mon Dec 19 17:19:51 CET 2011

Thanks all for response

Indeed i need an real ssh-network test
as indicator for heavily paging working-nodes ..

In real the machines are responding with ping
but fromt to time ssh is not working anymore .. :-(

So, i've had to still add the ssh-tag behind each host ...

thanks & cheers

 	martin

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Neil Simmonds wrote:

> if you make use of the class in your hosts.cfg you could check that ssh
> is running and check the port as well if all your hosts use the standard
> port.
>
> All my AIX and Linux servers have CLASS:aix or CLASS:linux on their
> hosts.cfg entries and my analysis.cfg has the following,
>
> CLASS=linux
>         PROC /usr/sbin/sshd 1
>
> CLASS=aix
>        PROC sshd 1
>
> I could also include the port check if it wasn't for the fact that 1
> server uses a non standard port so I have the port checks in the
> individual files in analysis.d directory.
>
> Neil Simmonds
> Operation Analyst (Operations Support Group)
> Express Gifts Limited
> Express House
> Clayton Business Park
> Accrington
> Lancashire
> BB5 5JY
> T: 01254 303092 | E: neil.simmonds at Express-Gifts.co.uk

Gruss

        Martin Flemming

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de