[Xymon] Monitoring Oracle on Windows

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Dec 19 15:26:20 CET 2011

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 13:45:17 -0000, "Neil Simmonds"
<Neil.Simmonds at express-gifts.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, Does anyone have a working example of a script to monitor Oracle
> running on a windows server. This needs to be a script that will run as
> an external on the client and not something running on the Xymon server.

Why ? It is much simpler to setup Oracle DB monitoring in a centralized
fashion. So unless there are network/firewall/policy issues, I would
strongly recommend running something on the Xymon server.

I have a quick setup guide at http://henrik.hswn.dk/xymon-oracle.html