[Xymon] error on script

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 23:28:16 CET 2011

I remember bumping into this one some time back.
I cannot remember how I fixed it - although I have vague recollections of
modifying it to suite my ksh version.
That was about 5 or 6 contracts ago, so I no longer have the code, but I
think I did pass it on to somebody on the list.

There is also a remake of bb-moracle on the Xymonton web page. It looks
like it needs sh, making it a little more portable.
Why not check if that will suit you needs?

Regards
     Vernon

On 10 December 2011 23:44, Gore, David W (David) <david.gore at verizon.com>wrote:

> It may be important to keep in mind the different versions of Korn shell.
>  I cannot remember which script assumed that I had ksh93 which wasn't the
> version installed on our Solaris machines, maybe it was AIX or HPUX who
> knows. So it caused errors that could only be resolved by knowing the
> differences and how to resolve those differences between the older and
> newer versions of Korn shell.  Regardless, although it took me some time to
> understand some database details, dbcheck.pl seemed to be a better tool
> that you can run from the Xymon server.
>

> ~David

"While it is futile to try to eliminate risk, and questionable to try to
minimize it, it is essential that the risks taken be the right risks. "
- Peter F. Drucker