[Xymon] Odd Error re: multiple simultaneous updates

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Wed Dec 7 15:06:28 CET 2011

Thanks. I suppose I may wait and just upgrade to 4.3.x as I will have to touch every client to fix this anyhow; probably easier to just trim the big logfile until then (disk space is how I even noticed this one).

Thanks for the quick answers!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Dec 7, 2011 1:41, Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:

On 06-12-2011 23:23, Ryan Novosielski wrote:

>> You are not doing anything wrong, actually. Solaris just happens to

>> report ifstat data using the "mac" interface name multiple times. See

>> http://lists.xymon.com/oldarchive/2009/06/msg00204.html

>> This change was implemented in the 4.3.x version of the Solaris client.

> I will be switching to that shortly. In the meantime, what is the

> recommended fix -- in the link above, is #1 or #2 preferable (or does it

> not matter)?

The second one is what went into the 4.3.x Solaris client, so on the

client you can edit the ~hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-sunos.sh script

so it has

echo "[ifstat]"

/usr/bin/kstat -p -s '[or]bytes64' | egrep -v 'wrsmd|mac' | sort

It doesn't require that you upgrade the server-side of Xymon.