[Xymon] BBALPHAMSG truncated

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Tue Dec 6 22:49:15 CET 2011

On 12/06/11 09:32, Henrik Størner wrote:
> On 29-11-2011 22:21, Gorm J. Siiger wrote:
>> I'm currently in the progress of upgrading/replacing my old hobbit version
>> 4.2.0 to 4.3.4
>> I have installed on a brand new server and I'm just testing if everything is
>> ok.
>>
>> My SMS alert script seems to work ok, but the BBALPHAMSG variable seems to
>> be truncated to around 12-16 characters, leaving the status messages
>> incomplete.
>> I can easily add $DOWNSECS and/or $DOWNSECSMSG and they are added to the
>> message which then is longer of cause.
>

> Does the attached patch solve it ? Against 4.3.6.

Hi Henrik.  Thanks for the quick patch butI am not sure that his completely
fixed the issue.  For example, it appears that the first line now looks OK:

I run a printenv > /tmp/SMS>log in my alert script, and BBALPHAMSG looks like:

BBALPHAMSG=host.example.com:cpu yellow [800718]
&yellow Load is HIG

^^^^^--- Is that 2nd line to supposed to be there or is this an IFS issue on
my end?  Either way, it appears just like that with the second line starting
with the & and it also appears to be truncated at the 2nd "H" in HIGH

What is the format of the BBALPHAMSG supposed to look like (eg: the format and
list of fields) when FORMAT=SMS so I know what I am looking for as we move
forward?

Thanks!

--
Bill Arlofski