[Xymon] cant receive bbwin data from DCs

Oliver.Zhang at weirminerals.com Oliver.Zhang at weirminerals.com
Wed Aug 31 08:39:12 CEST 2011

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply.

I changed the mode from central to local and the problem went away.

This issue only happens on the 64bit win servers. 32 bit win servers are
ok.

I still dont know why though.

Regards,

Oliver Zhang

From:	Jeremy Laidman <jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au>
To:	xymon at xymon.com
Cc:	Oliver.Zhang at weirminerals.com
Date:	31/08/2011 03:47 PM
Subject:	Re: [Xymon] cant receive bbwin data from DCs

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:08 AM, <Oliver.Zhang at weirminerals.com> wrote:

  Hi,

  Can anyone tell me what can cause this error message to come up on a DC?

>From the message, it  looks like the connection to the Xymon server was
aborted.  I'd check the Xymon logs (perhaps xymond.log) to see if there's
anything interesting at the time, like a restart of the Xymon service.  If
it happens often enough, perhaps you could get a packet capture on either
or both ends (Xymon server and DC).

Cheers
Jeremy

The information contained in this email (including any attachments) is confidential, subject to copyright and for the use of the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient please delete this message after notifying the sender. Unauthorised retention, alteration or distribution of this email is forbidden and may be actionable.

Attachments are opened at your own risk and you are advised to scan incoming email for viruses before opening any attached files. We give no guarantee that any communication is virus-free and accept no responsibility for virus contamination or other system loss or damage of any kind.