[Xymon] Xymond and xymonnet quirks

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Aug 19 13:36:51 CEST 2011

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:59:32 +0200, Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> On 18-08-2011 21:58, Poppy, Ben wrote:
>> Will do. Any ideas on the DNS Tests item?
>
> I'm looking into it. Not sure yet if it is caused by Xymon, or by the
> upgrade of the C-ARES library (which is used for all of the DNS stuff).

Think I got it now. Would You mind trying out this patch for me ? To
apply:

  cd xymon-4.3.4
  patch -p0 < /tmp/dns-timeout.patch
  make
  cp -p ~xymon/server/bin/xymonnet ~xymon/server/bin/xymonnet.orig
  cp xymonnet/xymonnet ~xymon/server/bin/

This should enforce the normal timeout-setting for DNS tests also.