[Xymon] Xymond and xymonnet quirks

Poppy, Ben poppy.ben at marshfieldclinic.org
Thu Aug 18 06:41:41 CEST 2011

After getting the latest Xymon 4.3.4 finally working on CentOS 6 64-bit, I'm seeing a few quirks that I'd appreciate some input on.

First, under Xymonnet tests, it's alerting Yellow because the time spent is too long (over 300). The culprit is DNS tests executed taking over 340 itself.. Can anyone shed some light on this? I know I saw some other threads about putting in a --no-ares but I wanted to see if there was something else I might be missing before I change the functionality of the tests..

Next, under Xymond, I'm getting a ton of multiple statuses reports for CONN tests. I can't seem to find a clear archive of what would cause that other than having both IP's listed when you have 2 display servers..

Both servers reference each other as a client and in xymonserver.cfg..

Thanks for any help,
-Ben

The contents of this message may contain private, protected and/or privileged information.  If you received this message in error, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained within.  Please contact the sender and advise of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail or telephone.  Thank you for your cooperation.