[Xymon] Disable alerts menu pick

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Fri Aug 12 15:54:01 CEST 2011

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011, David Stuffle wrote:

> Has anyone come up with a menu button that will disable all alerting while leaving the tests enabled? This would be the same as
> disabling the "alert" section in the tasks.cfg file, but it would be much easier and faster for people not as familiar with Xymon
> file system files to just click on a menu button to disable and re-enable all alerting.
>
> I could make a script to swap out the alerts.cfg with a blank one and make a menu button point to it, or something similar, but I
> wanted to see if anyone has a better way of doing it. Is there an internal Xymon command that will disable the "alert" task?

Hi, Dave !

I think you can make this with

http://www.xymon.com/xymon/help/manpages/man1/xymon.1.html

disable HOSTNAME.TESTNAME DURATION <additional text>
     Disables a specific test for DURATION minutes. This will cause the
status of this test to be listed as "blue" on the Xymon server, and no
alerts for this host/test will be generated. If DURATION is given as a
number followed by s/m/h/d, it is interpreted as being in
seconds/minutes/hours/days respectively. To disable a test until it
becomes OK, use "-1" as the DURATION. To disable all tests for a host, use
an asterisk "*" for TESTNAME.

enable HOSTNAME.TESTNAME
     Re-enables a test that had been disabled.

By the way, i've got an script from my colleague for this

http://lists.xymon.com/oldarchive/2009/07/msg00277.html

If you want to test it, if it's useful for your, no problem ...

cheers,

        Martin