[Xymon] Cloud

Alex Levin alevin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 06:26:18 CEST 2011

To install a server ( including web interface ) you'll need root access anyway.

But it case of AWS - there is no reason to  share the server for
different apps ( it is not cost effective ). For Xymon you can create
( or ask the person responsible for AWS account )  small instance
using their default distribution of Linux, download and compile xymon
from  sources.

It will be the most optimal way to do it.
I've implemented  "remote monitoring" of my sites ( http, ftp, dns
and other "public" services ) this way.
The only problem - outbound emails were blocked by spam filters due to
the dynamic IP address. Workaround - mutt + gmail account.

---
Alex