[Xymon] IPv6

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Aug 8 22:17:58 CEST 2011

On 08-08-2011 19:07, Root, Paul wrote:
> A question came up in a meeting this morning. Another group is going to be turning up some new machines that are going to have IPv6 on them. And actually doing work over IPv6.
>
> Does Xymon support IPv6?

Not yet. It is the next "big feature" that needs implementing. I have
already gotten my hands on an IPv6 connected system so I can test it.

To begin with, I will add IPv6 support to the Xymon network test tool
(xymonnet). Moving the xymond daemon and web interface tools to IPv6
requires a bit more work, so to begin with you will still have to host
your Xymon server on IPv4.