[Xymon] Trending too many interfaces

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 01:53:47 CEST 2011

Yep, in /usr/lib/xymon/client/bin/xymonclient-linux.sh I have:
---
# Bug in RedHat's netstat spews annoying error messages.
netstat -ant 2>/dev/null
echo "[ifstat]"
/sbin/ifconfig lo
/sbin/ifconfig bond2
/sbin/ifconfig rhevm
# Report mdstat data if it exists
---

However there is no rhevm interface listed on the trending page.

CC

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 7:32 AM, Tim McCloskey <tm at freedom.com> wrote:
> What shows up under 'Client data available' for the [ifconfig] and [ifstat] details?  [ifconfig] should list all of the interfaces.  [ifstat] should only show what you defined.
>
>> The only interfaces I want graphed are "rhevm" and "bond2".
>
> That would be:
> echo "[ifstat]"
> /sbin/ifconfig rhevm
> /sbin/ifconfig bond2
>
> [ifstat] should show the output from the above commands, which should then be on the trends page under Network Traffic.
>
> I'll be taking a look at 4.3.2 sometime in the near future, maybe it's different there.
>
> Tim

>>> hobbitd/client/linux.c: ifstatstr = getdata("ifstat");
>>> hobbitd/client/linux.c: unix_ifstat_report(hostname, clienttype, os, hinfo, fromline, timestr, ifstatstr); <--- ifstatstr
>>>
>>> You should be able to modify the client shell script to report other than ifconfig -a (which seems to be what is currently captured).  Of course, there must be a better way.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Tim

RHCE#805007969328369