[Xymon] xymon 4.3.2 configuration error for rrdtool

sonal kumar nc.sonal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 07:29:45 CEST 2011

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the suggestion, even-after setting Make,its giving same error.If
you have any other suggestions please let me know.

root at sapsrp:/usr/software/xymon-4.3.2
# export MAKE=make
root at sapsrp:/usr/software/xymon-4.3.2
# ./configure.server
Configuration script for Xymon
This script asks a few questions and builds a Makefile to compile Xymon

Checking pre-requisites for building Xymon

Checking for fping ...
Xymon has a built-in ping utility (xymonping)
However, it is not yet fully stable and therefore it
may be best to use the external fping utility instead.
I found fping in /usr/sbin/fping
Do you want to use it [Y/n] ?
Checking to see if '/usr/sbin/fping 127.0.0.1' works ...
127.0.0.1 is alive
OK, will use '/usr/sbin/fping' for ping tests
NOTE: If you are using an suid-root wrapper, make sure the 'xymond'
      user is also allowed to run fping without having to enter passwords.
      For 'sudo', add something like this to your 'sudoers' file:
      xymon ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/fping

Checking for RRDtool ...
cc: not found

Stop.
Not RRDtool 1.0.x, checking for 1.2.x
cc: not found

Stop.
ERROR: RRDtool include files found in /usr/include, but compile fails.

--
Thanks & Regards
Sonal kumar N C