[Xymon] Xymon using entstat via RRD

D.Altmann d.altmann at aon.at
Tue Apr 12 22:26:13 CEST 2011

Thanks for the fast reply.
Now it's clear, how Xymon gets the data via RRD and netstat;
And...yes, I've found the "netstat -v" at the xymonclient sources.
That brought me to a new problem: it's difficult to write a "netstat -v"
wrapper which is able to ignore my bad interfaces.
Now, I've seen that also a "netstat -v" at shell level gives me the
errormessages.
And: while checking the problem the adapter disappeared.
That means, I have a hardware-problem, and I don't have to write any
tricky scripts to exclude bad entNN devices.
Thanks for explaining the way how xymon_rrd get's the network stats!

Best regards,
D.Altmann