[xymon] I need urgent help: Hobbit (linux) client startup failed

Matic Madalina madalina.matic at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 16:00:15 CEST 2010

Hello Buchan.

Sorry for the inconvenince created with my off-list question.

In the previous mail, I did not understand to reply also to the xymon at xymon.com.

The output of cat /etc/*release is:
Enterprise Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Carthage)
CM OS Image-Version: 1.20 (created Mon Mar 22 16:12:27 CET 2010)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)

So , this is the distribution of linux that I am using and I suppose I should
follow the steps from http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/Xymon.repo

Unfortunately, I cannot simply run the wget
http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/Xymon.repo -O /etc/yum.repos.d/Xymon.repo
because I cannot add repos directly to my servers.

So, I have to test the new rpms on test server and only after to push the new
rpms via puppet to my target server.

Can you provide me a link from where I can download the sources or a zip with
the package that I need?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Madalina