[xymon] Where is development going on in SVN?

Cade Robinson cade.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 21:28:26 CEST 2010

Now I know what to use for "bleeding edge".

I do have some patches I would like to submit for 4.3.0.
I am no C coder and have just hacked my way through but I have a fix for at
least 5 issues that affected me.

Who can those go to for review?

>Looking at the last few commits it looks like they have been going into
>"trunk".
>Looking at revisions it looks like branches/4.4.0 is newer than trunk.

>So what is the development area?  "trunk" or "branches"?

Not surprising you are confused, it is somewhat messy right now.

Development right now happens in the "branches/4.3.0" area.

"trunk" got really messy because I was trying to juggle multiple
development paths simultaneously (due to urgent requirements
for functionality). So that is "on hold" right now, and once
4.3.0 is ready we will probably just dump it into trunk and
take development from there.

"4.4.0" is very experimental (some SNMP stuff there, but don't
use it). I think that branch will be killed when 4.3.0 is out.
The good stuff from 4.4.0 has been merged into 4.3.0 development,
all except the SNMP stuff.