[xymon] HP Proliants

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 03:46:37 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 9:07 AM, David Baldwin
<david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au> wrote:
> Colin,
>> Hi all
>>
>> Has anyone got Xymon monitoring HP Proliant power supplies under Linux?
>>
>> Also, has anyone got monitoring of HP Proliant RAID and or power
>> supplies under Windows?  (Win 2003 and 2008R2)
>>

> This is possible using devmon, assuming you have Linux proliant service
> pack installed or Windows SNMP service installed and running and HP
> agents. Covers DL series Proliant servers. devmon takes a bit of
> fiddling to get running but is very good once you've got it right.
>
> ML servers are another can of worms entirely... You can choose between
> IPMI or parsing web pages from ILO100 cards. RAID checking requires
> running hpacucli utility.
>> Still trying to get role based views going.  Has anyone done this?
>>
> Not sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about generating
> custom views for particular groups - e.g. admins, management, etc?
>
> David.
>
> --
> David Baldwin - IT Unit
> Australian Sports Commission          www.ausport.gov.au
> Tel 02 62147830 Fax 02 62141830       PO Box 176 Belconnen ACT 2616
> david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au          Leverrier Street Bruce ACT 2617

Hi David

I can't use SNMP as the security policy does not allow SNMP traffic in
the network where these servers are located.  The servers are all
either DL380G5 or G6 with some new DL385s likely to land soon.

I'd like to prevent user group A viewing user group B's systems and
visa versa.  This is where to roles come in, if there is another
solution I'd be happy to hear it.

I've just got the HP RAID checks working on a couple of test (Linux
based) Proliants.  As we've had a couple of power supplies fail, I was
hoping to monitor these as well.

Thanks

CC

--