[xymon] os count with graph

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 14:50:26 CEST 2010

That's where the fun begins. :-)

Let's call your test name oscount (for lack of imagination on my part)

Send all your data to the server in the server using bb as if it was a
normal test, but make sure your data is in the format
OS-Description-1 : xx
OS-Description-2 : yy
etc.etc

You then add oscount=ncv to TEST2RRD= in hobbitserver.cfg and add oscount to
GRAPHS=
Same as we do for any new test. See examples on Xymonton

Then you also add in hobbitserver.cfg
SPLITNCV_oscount="*:GAUGE"

Remember to restart your server.

Creating graph definitions with SPLITNCV is easy.
Add this to hobbitgraph.cfg

[oscount]
  FNPATTERN oscount,(.*).rrd
  TITLE Number of instances of OS