hobbit-clients.cfg modifications

Peters, Ron rpeters at columbia.com
Tue Oct 26 20:33:33 CEST 2010

Hello all, this should be an easy one.

I have two hobbit/xymon servers at different sites. One (the older original) is Hobbit 4.2.0 and the other which was recently installed is Xymon 4.2.3. I have all clients sending data to both servers and this is working fine. In the hobbit-clients.cfg at both sites I have some adjustments that are different than default for monitoring, basically upping the warning thresholds. I've made many updates to this file on the older server and it works fine. On the newer xymon server, I copied the configuration entry for a particular client from the older hobbit server to the new xymon server and it seems to be ignored and I continue to get warning messages. I believe this is the way to up thresholds is it not?

These are the entries that I'm using. Any ideas whether this is a syntax issue or something else? Thanks in advance.

HOST=this-server,that-server
        DISK /var 85 95
        DISK /u01 98 99
        DISK /u02 95 97