[xymon] Please fix the xymon digest settings

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Oct 22 22:16:38 CEST 2010

In <AANLkTi=8Lf2ZwLw7VoDJwGE3_RmUUg1qkh8eeAFoDKEF at mail.gmail.com> Robert Herron <robert.herron at gmail.com> writes:

>Would someone change the list server's digest setting to be less chatty?
>The listserver sent out 23 digest messages between 6:27 UTC and 13:43 UTC.
>22 of which contained only one message.

Sorry about that. I think I have found out what was happening: There was
a threshold set so it would mail a digest message if more than 64 kB
worth of message text had accumulated. With the proliferation of HTML emails,
this would trigger much too soon.

At least, I hope that was the reason why it was spewing those digests ...

I've changed this now, so it should only send digests if a) it's been more
than 24 hours since the last digest message, or b) for every 30 messages.