[xymon] corrupted ps output report?

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Fri Oct 15 22:08:01 CEST 2010

On 10/15/10 15:38, Josh Luthman wrote:
> Is that the output of ps or was it ruined between ps and the server's logs?

Hi Josh...

I am ass-u-me'ing that is the output of ps that the xymon client on the LDAP
server runs (had run) and sends to the xymon server.   If the snip was too
small to recognize where it came from, that was a snip from the the bottom
portion of a PROC report page (ie: the output of a ps command)

And where (or how) it was ruined is really my question. Seems kind of strange
to get that type of output from ps...

If I can catch it at the time the report comes in, and manually run ps on that
server, I am pretty sure the output would not me malformed like that was.

So, I am a bit concerned. Trying to keep false positives to a minimum as you
can imagine. :)

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC