TRACKMAX feature in 4.3.0b3 - help/info wanted

Stephen Stephen.Mullin at usa.net
Mon Nov 29 22:54:38 CET 2010

First,  thanks for the new release!

I ask for more detail and maybe procedural examples to the TRACKMAX
feature.  Built-in TRACKMAX is something I hope will solve the beating
I've been taking.

QUESTIONS:

-"This only works for the NCV backend"  .... does this mean only the
addition client tests we add, not the CPU/Mem/vmstat built-ins ?
-Do we have to loop through out RRD files and resize, it it advisable to
do so? (I'm thinking I should)
-Do we have to loop through our RRD files and mod settings to match/sync
with TRACKMAX settings?

The referenced link to a note and discussion don't work, but I did find
some discussions, and sorry to say I wouldn't be able to figure out what
to do from them.  My goal is to have 60days of detailed data without too
much granularity loss or smoothing.  I got space and plenty of
horsepower.  Anything to get the suits off my back about the "bad data"
(their words!).

Thanks,

-Steve