[xymon] IPv6 Support?

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Nov 29 17:59:33 CET 2010

In <018528ADB17A124D84DD0D081A4C82D22B5D2DCD at exchange.geosoft.com> Jason Chambers <Jason.Chambers at geosoft.com> writes:

>Has anyone looked at supporting IPv6 at this stage? IANA only has a little
>more than 150million addresses left that they can assign, and then the
>address pool is exhausted. Some are targeting March 2011 as the end date
>of IPv4 availability.

I doubt IPv4 will be unavailable in March. It might be difficult to get
more public IP's, though.

IPv6 is on the feature list for the next version post-4.3. It will
be interesting to test, since I have no IPv6 networks except my home
network to test it on. If any of you have a working IPv6 network,
then I will be interested in volunteers for testing it.