[xymon] Brief red alarms

Jaime Kikpole jkikpole at cairodurham.org
Fri Nov 26 04:12:31 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:06 AM, White, Bruce <bewhite at fellowes.com> wrote:
> Also, are you running fping?  If you are running the default "hobbitping",
> all bets are off on the pings actually being accurate.

Taking a quick look:

atlas:etc>grep fping *.cfg
hobbitserver.cfg:# Make sure the path includes the directories where
you have fping, mail and (optionally) ntpdate installed,

atlas:etc>grep hobbitping *.cfg
hobbitserver.cfg:FPING="hobbitping"					# Path and options for the ping program.

If I'm reading this right, I'm using hobbitping and not fping.  The
odd thing is that this symptom did not exist before the equipment and
topology changes.  So I'll be checking on my "route:..." statements
and any routing protocols (like RIP) in the new equipment.  Either of
these ideas might help.

Thanks!

Jaime

--