[xymon] Problem with a custom test

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 02:34:41 CET 2010

Hi Colin

You need to explicitly set the "lifetime" of the test result, which defaults
to 30 minutes.
Search for LIFETIME in bb man page.

"The LIFETIME defines how long this status is valid after being received by
the Xymon server. The default is 30 minutes, but you can set any period you
like. E.g. for a custom test that runs once an hour, you will want to set
this to at least 60 minutes - otherwise the status will go purple after 30
minutes. It is a good idea to set the LIFETIME to slightly more than the
interval between your tests, to allow for variations in the time it takes
your test to complete. The LIFETIME is in minutes, unless you add an "h"
(hours), "d" (days) or "w" (weeks) immediately after the number, e.g.
"status+5h" for a status that is valid for 5 hours. "

Regards
     Vernon