[xymon] Brief red alarms

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Thu Nov 18 19:21:01 CET 2010

You've probably already done the obvious....  First, I'd make sure that all the hosts/switch ports have proper media settings (speed/duplex/autoneg or not).  While it may sound odd (for your new IP network) I would also make sure that all of the arp cache for the environment gets flushed.

What interval do you have in bbtest-net?
server/etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg
[bbnet]
        ENVFILE server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD bbtest-net --report --ping --checkresponse
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bb-network.log
        INTERVAL 5m

Tim