[hobbit] FW: Graph on status page but not on trends

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Fri May 28 00:56:17 CEST 2010

David,

> Hi all,
>

> I am battling with trying to get a graph to appear on the trends column.
>

> What I have is a custom test appearing in it’s own status column –
> specifically “databases”. The data as well as the graph is correct in
> it’s own status column, but don’t seem to appear on the trends column
> with the other graphs. There is probably something obvious that I am
> missing, but can’t get this working correctly.
>

> I have changed the hobbitserver.cfg where
>
> TEST2RRD=”cpu=la,disk,………,nparts,databases”
>
> GRAPHS=”la,disk,………,nparts,databases”
>

> The graph is defined in hobbitgraph.cfg as follows :
>
> [databases]
>
>             FNPATTERN ^database.(.+).rrd
>
>             TITLE Database Transaction Rate
>
>             YAXIS Transactions(R+W)
>
>             DEF:nt at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:numtrans:AVERAGE
>
>             LINE2:nt at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@
>
>             GPRINT:nt at RRDIDX@:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
>
>             GPRINT:nt at RRDIDX@:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
>
>             GPRINT:nt at RRDIDX@:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
>
>             GPRINT:nt at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

What is the name of the RRD file? Using basic * wildcarding, is it
databases.*.rrd or database.*.rrd - the RE above leaves that ambiguous
because '.' will match any character not just a dot. If it is in fact
database.*.rrd that could be the problem.

I had a similar issue a while ago - see
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2009/05/msg00149.html

In a nutshell, trends seems to require a file to exist of the form
'graphname.*.rrd', but it doesn't have to be a real RRD file!

David.

--
David Baldwin - IT Unit
Australian Sports Commission          www.ausport.gov.au

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.