how to monitor switches and increase the polling time

pankaj dorlikar pankaj.dorlikar at gmail.com
Sat May 15 22:14:10 CEST 2010

Hi,
 since we are monitoring ober 300 servers at a time in a custer, we want to
know and analyser the network traffic in ethernet and infiniband switch .how
we can monitor it using xymon system monitoring.os is rhel 5.2 and xymon
version is 4.2.2
Practical problem happening is that some of the nodes reboots but xymon
doesnt show it. it may be because that happens in betwwen the polling period
of the server. how to overcome this issue?same thing happens for disk and
ncpu and external tests also that it does not identify and show these
problems as it must be occuring in betwwn polling period .How to make it
fast as ganglia

--
Pankaj V. Dorlikar