[hobbit] Sorry... I had to vent

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Mar 24 09:09:39 CET 2010

On Wednesday, 24 March 2010 07:22:08 Vernon Everett wrote:

> Yes, I agree, some questions can be annoying, and have been asked and
> answered over and over, but we need to remember we were all ignorant once.
> Yes, There are multiple repositories of knowledge, but that is also part of
> the problem. Where to look.
> I recall a few years back, I was looking for an SMF file for Hobbit on
> Solaris 10. I searched, and couldn't find one, so I wrote my own and
>  proudly posted it to the list, only to be told one already existed, and
>  was available in the only place I didn't look. (It's still there
> http://xymonton.trantor.org/doku.php/addons:hobbitsmf - Thanks for that one
> Galen.)

IMHO, this should be added to svn so it will ship in future releases. I will
do it if someone confirms it works correctly.

Additionally, I think more needs to be done regarding maintenance of extension
scripts etc. to reduce the amount of effort in getting a setup more
comprehensive. However, my more concrete reply to the "is Hobbit maintained"
thread doesn't seem to make it to the list, even after 4 tries over a few
weeks ...

Regards,
Buchan