[hobbit] XyMon client for Windows - XyWin.Net

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 01:27:25 CET 2010

> I am starting to develop a new client for Windows systems.
>
> While BBwin is a very solid product, but my wishlist is LARGE and my
> knowledge of C++ and Windows DLL development is very limited.  However,
> I am VERY comfortable with the .NET framework.  So, to save (my) time, I
> am writing a "from the ground up" new XyMon client for Windows.  Written
> in C# on .NET v2.0 framework.  (V2.0 is standard Win 2003 and up.)

Sounds like an excellent idea. I've hacked on BBWin code and it has some quite serious bugs and badly written code - especially in central configuration mode (all due respect - it does the job superbly most of the time). Using C# is definitely the right way to go with modern versions of Windows as it makes it a lot easier to link into the OS (e.g. CIM).

Malcolm

--
Technical copy-editor & proofreader

KDE Proofreading Team