[hobbit] Active Directory Check?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Mon Jun 28 23:07:41 CEST 2010

On Monday, 28 June 2010 20:40:42 wiskbroom at hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello;
>
> I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how I might be able to
>  test several AD Domains and show the results in Xymon?

Do you already have the basic ldap monitor in bb-bet working?

>  One of my AD
>  domains became unresponsive today due to DNS (not Microsoft DNS) and the
>  delay in notifying us caused lots of heartache.

Shouldn't you monitor this DNS then?

> I did see Buchan's OpenLDAP tests, not sure if that is the right way to go,
>  or even if it will work.

My OpenLDAP monitor is specific to OpenLDAP, for monitoring replication and
performance, which aren't applicable to AD.

I note that AD is a very broad term covering many services on many protocols
(LDAP, Kerberos, NTP/SNTP, DNS, DHCP, CIFS etc. etc.).

Regards,
Buchan