[hobbit] Any idea on a 4.3.0 third beta (or rc?) timeframe?

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Thu Jun 24 20:48:32 CEST 2010

On 06/21/2010 04:25 PM, Cleaver, Japheth wrote:

> I know a lot of people seem to be using checked out svn versions, but
> it would be nice if we could get another tarball release as well,
> consider that the last one was quite a while ago.
>
> I've noticed that the demo/prod site at http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/
> already self-identifies as Xymon 4.3.0-1.3; I'm a little curious what
> the larger changes from 4.3.0-beta2 have been...

I've been wondering about this, and about the overall state of xymon
development in general.  Honestly, it looks pretty bleak to me.  I can't
shake my concerns that it will become an orphaned project, even with the
very active user community rallying around it.  Xymon is a solid, mature
product and has served us all well for years, but the snmp support and
some sprucing up of the web UI would make a world of difference to me
and I'm sure to other users as well.  I'd feel a lot better if I had a
more clear vision on where the project is going.

Tom