Limit on bbproxy display servers

e-mail j.sansford j.sansford at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 16 11:25:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

i'd like to check before I go ahead and attempt this, as it is in a
production environment and I do not have the resources to set this up fully
in pre-prod.

We currently have a bbproxy app which sends it's details to 3 bbdisplays.
For example, we run bbproxy using the following command:

/export/home/hobbit/server/bin/bbproxy --bbdisplay="10.7.60.1:1985,
10.8.60.1:1985,127.0.0.1:1985" --report=bbproxy --logfile="logs/bbproxy.log"

Now, I have read in the documentation that 3 bbdisplays is the limit.
However, we want to add in a fourth. Is the 3 bbdisplays a recommended
limit, or a hardcoded limit? If so, why? Would I be able to put in a 4th
bbdisplay without anything breaking?

Thanks!