http session cookies reuse

Matteo Vadagnini mvadagnini at h-care.eu
Wed Jun 9 18:04:01 CEST 2010

Hi list.
I noticed that the file server/etc/cookie.session contains the last
session cookies used for http testing via POST (i.e. JSESSIONID), but
it seems that my webapp instantiates a new http session for every
check.
This makes very hard to know the REAL number of http sessions on the
application server and introduces an offset in the statistics.

I searched documentation and mailing list for a way to reuse the
session cookie stored in that file, but found no information.

Is there a way to reuse the same cookie in all the requests?

my bb-hosts content is something like:

123.456.789.10     my.host
post=webapp;http://my.host:8080/webapp/_dwr/call/plaincall/function.dwr;callCount=1&page=/webapp/&httpSessionId=&scriptSessionId=&c0-scriptName=function&c0-methodName=sendEvent&c0-id=0&c0-e1=string:default-web&c0-e2=string:monitoring&c0-e3=string:&c0-param0=Object_Object:{serviceId:reference:c0-e1,key:reference:c0-e2,params:reference:c0-e3}&batchId=1;check[[:space:]]ok
HIDEHTTP

Thanks

Mat