[hobbit] Critical System Editor Tips.

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Wed Jun 9 11:01:04 CEST 2010

Neil Franken wrote:
> Hi Quick Follow up.
>
> I checked the hobbit-nkview.cfg, hobbit-nkview.cfg.bak files and I found
> a  xymon-nkview.cfg.bak. All remain empty and according to the man pages
> this is where the critical systems should be written to. SO I think I
> have a permissions issue. I checked the permissions of the files and the
> hobbit-nkview files belong to root and the group is also root they have
> the 664 permissions applied. The xymon-nkview.cfg.bak belongs to root
> and the group is apache. I am getting a little confused now and not sure
> how to solve this problem.
>
> Hope someone out there has a idea.

On my system those files are writeable by the hobbit user and group. Not
sure if suexec is required in apache to make this work. First pass you
could make permissions 777. Also check your error_log file from apache
and possibly /var/log/hobbit/cgierror.log

David.

--
David Baldwin - IT Unit
Australian Sports Commission          www.ausport.gov.au

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.