[hobbit] Solaris 10 x86 Client mis-reporting available disk space (Solved?)

Dominique Frise dominique.frise at unil.ch
Fri Jun 4 09:04:04 CEST 2010

My -IN LINE- comments to this thread:

On 06/ 3/10 09:36 PM, wiskbroom at hotmail.com wrote:

> using the suggestion from Chris Naude, and his changes made to the hobbitserver.cfg file, see:
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.hobbit/23215
>
> I was able to make this problem go away by adding the following lines:
>
> MAXLINE="32768"
> MAXMSG_STATUS="2048"
>
> MAXMSG_CLIENT="2048"
>
> MAXMSG_DATA="2048"
>
> I am not certain what these lines do, there is no documentation within the hobbitserver.cfg file.

Have you ever tried "$man hobbitserver.cfg" ?

> .vp
>

>> My client on my Solaris 10 box is 4.2.3, my df; as defined within my hobbitclient.cfg, is:
>>
>> DF="/usr/bin/df -Pk"
>> DFCMD="/usr/bin/df -Pk"

Your DF definitions are pretty weird for a Solaris client.
Did you compile it yourself?

This is what we have on Solaris 9/10 boxes:

$ grep DF hobbitclient.cfg
# DF,DFCMD and PS are for compatibility only, NOT USED by the Hobbit client
DF="/bin/df -k"
DFCMD="/bin/df -k"

>> My server is running on Linux, and is Xymon 4.3.0-0 beta 2.
>>
>> It appears as though initial data sent to my server shows DF as one way, then later another.  My initial DF shows as 5% used, with only 103377k used, later I get a RED alert showing that this same filesystem is now at 103377% full.   Somehow, somewhere, my data for k's used turns itself into % used, thus creating a more than 90% used and turning into an alert...
>>
>> Aside from my hobbitclient.cfg, is their another config I should be looking at?
>>
>> Anyone else with this problem?
>>

>> Thank you,
>>
>> .vp
>>

>>> From: sholmes42 at mac.com
>>> Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:44:05 -0400
>>> To: hobbit at hswn.dk
>>> Subject: Re: [hobbit] Solaris 10 x86 Client mis-reporting available disk space
>>>

>>> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 11:08 AM,>  wrote:
>>>

>>> I've just installed xymon latest onto a Solaris X86 client, and it is reporting warning levels of 90% disk use, when in fact the machine is only at 60%.
>>>

>>> I've been unable to find where and how this is defined/set, and same goes for swap and CPU (although these two ARE NOT a problem right now).
>>>

>>> Thank you in advance,
>>>

>>> .vp
>
>>> I'm not seeing that problem on my Solaris X86 boxes. Are all of the numbers wrong on the Xymon disk page? Even those not alerting? Can you find the df command being used by Xymon on the client?
>>>

>>> Steve

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Dominique