[hobbit] how to handle several extra-scripts for hobbitd_rrd

W.J.M. Nelis nelis at nlr.nl
Tue Jun 1 09:20:02 CEST 2010

Hello Martin,

> I've got the problem, to use several extra-scripts for hobbitd_rrd
>
> e.g. extragraph.sh,devmon-rrd.pl or the new one flexlmpl ...
>

> The manual says only to use one file for extra-script
>
> --extra-script=FILENAME
>      Defines the script that is run to get the RRD data for tests that are
> not built into hobbitd_rrd. You must also specify which tests are handled
> by the external script in the --extra-tests option. This option can only
> be given once, so the script must handle all of the external test-data.
> See the CUSTOM RRD DATA section below. Note that this is NOT needed if
> your custom graphs are generated by the NCV (Name Colon Value) module
> described below, it is only required for data where you have a custom
> script to parse the status message and extract the data that is put into
> the graph.
>
> But how could i handle this ?

I use one (perl) script in which each test defined in the --extra-tests
option appears in an if-elsif chain. Some of them use NCV formatted like
"<FileName>/<DataSetName> : <Value>", and they use the same piece of
code in the script. A stripped version of this script is published
together with flexlm.pl on xymonton.

Regards,
  Wim Nelis.