xymon-client repo install broken also?

Xymon User in Richmond hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Thu Jul 29 15:54:58 CEST 2010

After hand-repairing a broken repo install of xymon on a new prototype
xymon server, I just attempted a xymon-client install on a prototype
client.  That was broken, too.  Am I doing something wrong, or is the rpm
just hosed?  This is a fully updated RHEL5 system.  Like the server
install, the xymon-client install blew up with a rename error and left the
already unpacked files in place but with no trace of xymon in the rpm
database.  I guess I can clean up by pulling a file manifest from the rpm.
 Here's what happened:

[root at utility named.data]# yum install xymon-client.x86_64
Loaded plugins: dellsysidplugin
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package xymon-client.x86_64 0:4.2.3-1.rhel5 set to be updated -->
Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

 Package              Arch           Version                Repository
Size
Installing:
 xymon-client         x86_64         4.2.3-1.rhel5          Xymon
358 k

Transaction Summary
Install       1 Package(s)
Upgrade       0 Package(s)

Total download size: 358 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
xymon-client-4.2.3-1.rhel5.x86_64.rpm                    | 358 kB
00:00 warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
60d204a7 Xymon/gpgkey                                             | 3.6 kB
    00:00 Importing GPG key 0x60D204A7 "Buchan Milne
<bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net>" from ht
tp://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/bgmilne.asc
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
Migrating from hobbit to xymon
Copying init script settings
Copying existing configuration from /etc/hobbit to /etc/xymon
/bin/cp: cannot stat `/etc/hobbit': No such file or directory
Replacing hobbit with xymon where relevant in config
find: /etc/xymon: No such file or directory
Moving data files from /var/lib/hobbit to /var/lib/xymon
/bin/mv: cannot stat `/var/lib/hobbit': No such file or directory
Moving log files from /var/log/hobbit to /var/log/xymon
Migration complete

Beware, any files reported below as .rpmsave should probably be restored
before                                         starting xymon!

xymon user present
Adding user xymon to group adm
  Installing     : xymon-client
 1/1
Error unpacking rpm package xymon-client-4.2.3-1.rhel5.x86_64
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib64/xymon/client/etc:
cpio: re                                        name

Failed:
  xymon-client.x86_64 0:4.2.3-1.rhel5

Complete!
[root at utility named.data]# ls -l /usr/lib64/xymon/client/etc
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root adm 43 Sep  2  2008 clientlaunch.cfg.rpmsave ->
/usr/lib/hobbi
t/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg
[root at utility named.data]# rpm -qa|grep xymon