RHEL5 and xymon client monitoring log files

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Tue Jul 27 23:08:11 CEST 2010

Clouseau said, 'and another thing....'

-bash-3.00$ cat logfetch.yourhostnamehere.cfg
log:/var/log/messages:10240
log:/var/log/kern:10240
file:/bin/su:md5

If you really are set on using $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/bin/hobbitclient.sh --local then you will need the contents above inside of the logfetch.$hostname.cfg file.  Seems really a real cludge, but it works.