RHEL5 and xymon client monitoring log files

Tim McCloskey tm at freedom.com
Tue Jul 27 18:32:02 CEST 2010

Minor clarification, add the logfetch.hostname.cfg file to the client tmp dir.  Also, if the client does not report OS info to the server (check the info tab, look at the OS field) then you may want to define the host in the server client-local.cfg file.  If the environment permits it I find storing / configuring stuff and parsing the data on the server works better, for me.

Example below, cp the redhat stanza and change the name to the hostname.  It would be better to not 'run everything as root' or make to many customizations if avoidable.  I'm sure others on the list can shed more light on the topic.

Try adding a $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/tmp/logfetch.`hostname`.cfg file, chown to the hobbit user and restart the client.  Also, what does the server client-local.cfg look like for this host/OS/class?
(eg. [redhat]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
log:/var/log/kern:10240
ignore MARK