[xymon] alert on proc while both hosts running the same process at the same time

Cleaver, Japheth jcleaver at soe.sony.com
Tue Jul 13 02:01:36 CEST 2010

You could try bbcombotest here, but you'd have to dedicate all of your proc monitoring status to this. And you'd want to disable alerting on the individual tests and then define a new bbcombotest to alert on.

A XOR would almost give you what you want, but it doesn't seem to be available according to bbcombotest.cfg in 4.3.0-beta2. You can do arithmetic on the Boolean values though, which makes it easy to ensure 1 and only 1 is green at once.

Overall.clustertest = (host1.proc + host2.proc) == 1

If you wanted this proc test to be only one of many procs you're testing on these hosts, you'll probably need to write something server-side for it. This is better for tests that don't have multiple things that can cause a status change.

HTH,

-jc

Side note: XOR and NOT support in bbcombotest would be awesome