bbtest yellow-mystery

Carl Melgaard Carl.Melgaard at STAB.RM.DK
Mon Jul 12 10:13:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

One of our AD-servers went down for maintenance for 1 week, and I disabled the conn+dns tests in Xymon for that period. Now the "bbtest" column suddenly goes yellow, and indicates that DNS lookups takes 450+ seconds now (indicating that the DNS-check for the maintenanced server is still active).

If I check the DNS-check on the server I get this:

"
clear Mon Jul 12 09:56:38 2010 dns ok : Ping failed, or dialup host/service

Service dns on xxx07 is OK

Dialup host/service, or test depends on another failed test

Host appears to be down

Timeout

Seconds: 450.004

"

Even tho its disabled. Its been like this since the instance the server was disabled. How can I fix this?

Regards,

Carl Melgaard.